I am a new mom breastfeeding. The other night my son woke up crying and hungry. When we were set up to nurse, he approached with this timid look on his face that seemed to ask "Can I eat? Is this for me? " It made me laugh so hard. I thought, Do you think that I am not going to feed you? Obviously, your memory is lacking since I have been feeding you about 8 times a day for your whole life. Why would I stop feeding you now. Don't you trust me? Why would I bring you to the breast and then not feed you. It was at this point in my thinking that I feel like the Lord reminded me: Don't you do the same thing with me? How many times have I answered your prayers, spoken truth into your life through my WORD or others, or orchestrated events in your life? Yet, you often approach my throne with timidity or wondering if I will fulfill your needs.
Yup, you are right Lord. When my son is hungry I know what he needs. I pick him up and bring him to me to eat. Lord, you know what I need. You draw me to yourself and feed me the bread of life, clothe me in your love, and answer my prayers...again and again. Thank you Lord for being a trustworthy provider!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Motherhood sounds like pretty powerful stuff!
ReplyDeleteBrilliant.
ReplyDeleteFood for thought. Literally. :)