Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ode to the Crock Pot

How is it possible that I forgot
the wonderful things I make in my pot?
Throw in the fun while up with the sun
-before you know it, dinner is done.
Crocking away throughout the day
-an easy way to cook. Hooray!

I had forgotten how much I love my crock pot until I used it yesterday. A standby in Fall and Winter, it sadly gets overlooked during the Summer. What a great reunion indeed. My trusty crock pot might be my favorite small kitchen appliance...especially as I am trying to make easy meals. Hope you dust off yours and remember why you love it too:)

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I busted out the crock pot Thursday night because I had a girls' function at 6:30, Chris was supposed to get home around 8:00, and I wanted him to have a hot supper. Threw some soup in that thing and wha-lah! Yes, the crock pot is glorious and I should use it way more often than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, essentially it was some BBQ flavored chicken( not REAL BBQ because not smoked). Nothing fancy..it just didn't require much work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my crock pot too!I've been known to use two in one day.

    ReplyDelete