Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nursing Cover

Nursing in public is a pain. Previously, I tied a soft muslin blanket around my neck. This was problematic since I couldn't see my sweet boys face and I would inevitably end up with my head under the blanket too. Not exactly a smooth or elegant process. I hadn't registered for a nursing cover since I didn't ever see them in the stores...and now there aren't many baby stores near me. So, thanks to the tutorial I found at Sabbespot, I made my own. This is a great post of a collection of tutorials for baby things. The tutorial was easy to follow and wallah, my very own nursing cover. The cover also calls for a pocket and terrycloth ( I used fleece instead) on the inside. I assume these additions are for holding your nursing pad and wiping their mouth, respectively. If I can sew it you could too:)

Mouth wiping corner

Pocket

4 comments:

  1. Very good job! I know you will be thankful for that. So does it actually go around you under your clothes or over the clothes? I'm not sure I've ever seen one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A must for nursing! I love the fabric. I also found mine useful for nursing or pumping in the car...for a little extra privacy from other cars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robyn. I like your hooter hider. Let me know how it works out. Maybe I will make one too...they are expensive to buy.

    ReplyDelete