Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Things I am digging right now

Just in case you were wondering:


1. Ester: It is tough being a Woman Bible study


  • I have really enjoyed doing this bible study. I love Beth Moore's energy and how she seems to touch on hings that almost every woman could relate to. If you have never had a chance to do one of her studies...try to find a group doing one..it is worth the time, God will speak to you.

2. MOPS

  • Not the kind you scrub your floors with...a organization called Mothers of Pre-Schoolers. It serves as a way to meet other moms, fellowship(aka -eat), learn about relevant topics, hear godly wisdom from women in various stages of life, connect, socialize, and craft...hello how could it get any better than that!

3. Blurb.com

  • I am loving this website for making picture books. They are apparently professional quality and reasonably priced. You just download the software and then layout your book. There are lots of options. We will see how it turns out.

4. Pumpkin ...anything

  • Ahhhh, the yum of fall. Pumpkin, nuts, spice, cinnamon, ginger...cakes, breads, pies. My favorite way to get beta carotene, fiber, or whatever vitamins they offer!

5. Cloth diapers and wet bags




  • We decided to do cloth diapers with our baby. I am really pleased with our decision both from a financial and ecological standpoint. I like Bumgenius, Smartipants, and Swaddlebees. The planet wise wetbags we got are also SUPER cute!

6. Stampin Up Christmas card buffet

  • Last weekend I went to a Stampin Up Christmas card buffet. I got to make 10 cards for $10. They are so pretty and of high quality...plus it was so much fun. I am really proud of myself for making such pretty cards but rather than requiring skill and creativity on my part all I had to do was follow the directions. See how pretty they are:

7. Eating natural

  • While pregnant and through nursing, I have started to get more progressively freaked out about what is passing from my body to my baby's little frame. Plus, my Mom was reading this book called Mastering you Metabolism...and that seemed to seal the deal. What if we are screwing up our bodies with all the processed junk we eat. So, we are transitioning to foods that are all natural or organic when possible. ( it won't be everything, but I can certainly feel better about it being most...Trader Joe's please come to my town!!!!) Although not organic, the Haggen-das Five ice creams are FANTASTIC!

8. Sears portrait studio

  • I have started getting portraits at the Sears studio for the little one's month by month shots. I can get a bunch of sweet pictures for $10. He still doesn't smile much for the camera but he does look cute.

9. Glory Haus

  • My friend has had a ton of Glory Haus art, frames, and seasonal decor in her house for years..and I finally asked to find out that it is a brand you can buy rather than have things commissioned. She actually knows the artist which is why I thought she was having all of the things made especially for her. Go see their cute stuff at www.GloryHaus.com.

10. Nancy Tillman books

  • When our baby was born a good friend gave me the book On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman. We read it to our baby in the first few hours after birth. It is such a sweet book and she even has a new Christmas book out which is also wonderful. I am also enjoying Sandra Boynton, specifically the Pookie books. I just love children's literature!

11. Operation Christmas child

  • We filled boxes at MOPS the other day for Operation Christmas Child. I love doing things that serve others and that remind you how much we have to be thankful for. It is a practical way to extend the love of Christ to someone oceans away.

12. Sewing and making things

  • I am getting excited for the Christmas season and all the things I hope to make. I enjoy sewing, although I am not great at it I plan on doing quite a bit in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I need to call you and tell you about my new diet... although you may have read about it on my blog already. I feel fabulous. I'm getting used to healthy eating so that whenever we have kids, I will already be accostomed to it. :) Byebye french fries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh All very good things to be into. I am interested in the eating organic one. We found our Traider Joe's and really like it, although it is pretty high in price. I guess you can use the money you saved with cloth diapers and use that to buy organic, huh? =)

    ReplyDelete