So, my sweet hubby loves bow ties. Eventually, he will only festoon his neck with these fashionable bobbles. Unfortunately, bow ties are somewhat hard to come by and usually expensive. I decided that there must we a way to make them yourself. I found a great tutorial and gave it a shot. My first attempt was a HOT MESS as Project Runway would call it. I mean...threw it away, no salvaging, makes you want to cry it is such a disaster- mess. I wanted to take a picture but my sweet hubby said that only successes would be celebrated with pictures. Here are number two and three. The plaid (2) was by far the best. My third attempt, while faster and easier, ended up being too thick/bulky and short. However, this does show me that it can be done easily and cheaply...so his neck should be looking pretty dapper in the future.
Here is a link to the tutorial in case you want to try your hand ( or needle) at this project:
I want to see a picture of Z wearing said bowtie.
ReplyDeleteI looked at this same tutorial a while back when I was making bowties for a wedding. Since I was making them for little boys, I went another route for making bowties. You might like it too.
ReplyDeleteI made 6 and they turned out nicely.
http://craftskeepmesane.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-tuesday-ribbon-bow-tie.html