Saturday, May 22, 2010

Avocado tip

I really enjoy avocados and guacamole. I had stopped buying fresh avocados since I could rarely eat them at the right time. I either cut into them when they were under-ripe or let them go too long and they were bad. I read a tip somewhere that you should ripen the avocado until it feels soft to the touch and gives a little. Then, put it in your fridge. It will not ripen further. It works! I have had PERFECT avocados that have been in the fridge for at least a week. I mean delicious and perfect...not a brown spot in sight. I figured that this must not be common knowledge since other friends have complained of this same dilemma. So buy avocados with confidence you guacamole fans.

5 comments:

  1. what do you do if you only buy them the day you want them? we never think to buy them ahead of time. tiffany and matt learned to NOT put it in the microwave though. smells terrible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so excited to know this. I Love Love Love them and have had the same problem. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. i too love avocados!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, love avocados! thanks for the tip! filippino way is to eat them w/ fish sauce. STANKY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete